ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Hall of fame mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dezb1
The Oppressor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:26 am    Post subject: Hall of fame mini Reply with quote

Anyone got one, are they and good? Sent my line 6 m5 back as it kept cutting out but I've got used to a nice spring reverb. And have found a good deal on one of these.
Gabriel

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tc stuff is cool, their stock spring model isn't the best though. But the Robben Ford Toneprint is really nice for a springy reverb sound, it's become my main reverb setting.
GreenKnee

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one a couple of weeks ago for a quick and easy reverb for when I'm at home. Its ok, but having to change the settings with your phone gets tiresome once you've got over the 'Cool!' factor. Also not being able to tweak and change settings means that you're 'verb will be close enough, but never quite perfect.
The Sigur Ros reverb setting is ace though
dezb1
The Oppressor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenKnee wrote:
I got one a couple of weeks ago for a quick and easy reverb for when I'm at home. Its ok, but having to change the settings with your phone gets tiresome once you've got over the 'Cool!' factor. Also not being able to tweak and change settings means that you're 'verb will be close enough, but never quite perfect.

I thought it'd be quite controllable as you can set the knob to control 3 parameters simultaneously.

And I won't be able to use my phone to change patches as they don't have an app for windows phones
Benmurray85

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dezb1 wrote:
GreenKnee wrote:

I thought it'd be quite controllable as you can set the knob to control 3 parameters simultaneously.

And I won't be able to use my phone to change patches as they don't have an app for windows phones

without the app you will stuck with one sound that you can tweak with the controls. that sound (AFAIK) will have been designed specifically by a "star" (most of which on the tc app I've never heard off)

in short you won't have a general reverb sound that you can tweak, you'll have someone's specific reverb sound that you can tweak. I may have got all this wrong! I have the mini chorus but not the reverb
markleton

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one, I quite like it. I use the app but you can tweak things using a computer and USB lead.

The jonsi tone print is really good, I use that and the room with a view tone print. Ive been tempted to sell it and get a dedicated modulated reverb, it's a cool pedal but I don't use much of its capabilities.
dezb1
The Oppressor

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll use me PC, also apparently you can program 3 reverbs changeable by the knob
dezb1
The Oppressor

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hof arrived today the stock reverb is better than I expected its been dissed a bit, realised I don't have a mini usb lead need to pick one up tomorrow. Looking at the videos of the editor and the parameters it allows you to tweak this looks like just the job... Sort of glad my M5 broke now as I can get into the guts of programming this thing.

Hopefully I can program a verb that goes from light spring to shoegaze wash all on the sweep of the knob
markleton

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dezb1 wrote:
Hof arrived today the stock reverb is better than I expected its been dissed a bit, realised I don't have a mini usb lead need to pick one up tomorrow. Looking at the videos of the editor and the parameters it allows you to tweak this looks like just the job... Sort of glad my M5 broke now as I can get into the guts of programming this thing.

Hopefully I can program a verb that goes from light spring to shoegaze wash all on the sweep of the knob

I've never actually tried messing with the editor, if you get your spring-shoegazy thing sorted could you share your editor file?
dezb1
The Oppressor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

markleton wrote:
dezb1 wrote:

I've never actually tried messing with the editor, if you get your spring-shoegazy thing sorted could you share your editor file?

Will do... Hopefully have a go at getting my head round the editor tonight.
sholkham

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it do drippy surf spring reverb? I'm trying to weigh up this and the Boss FRV at the moment.
dezb1
The Oppressor

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sholkham wrote:
Does it do drippy surf spring reverb? I'm trying to weigh up this and the Boss FRV at the moment.

Definitely does surf spring... Not sure if it does drippy surf spring
dezb1
The Oppressor

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my first draft of my springy-shoegazey toneprint done... However I can't share it as the editor TC have released to the public doesn't allow you to export tone prints as they want to keep the ability to give them away to themselves.
markleton

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dezb1 wrote:
Got my first draft of my springy-shoegazey toneprint done... However I can't share it as the editor TC have released to the public doesn't allow you to export tone prints as they want to keep the ability to give them away to themselves.

Thought that might have been the case. How about screenshotting your settings and I'll have a bash at it myself? I struggled when I tried to make the one knob do two things at once.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: