ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Badger Supersonic Copy

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bacchus
Whatever's handiest


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 19110
Location: wandering

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: Badger Supersonic Copy Reply with quote

Never seen these, I suspect they're shit, anyone heard of them?


http://www.amazon.co.uk/Badger-Electric-Guitar-Black/dp/6042755323/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431068753&sr=8-1&keywords=badger+electric+guitar




_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickS
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 9454
Location: Nr. Basinggrad, UK

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Production quality's obvsly poor, they left spikes sticking out round the strap knob on the upper bout.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekwatts
A series of tubes


Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Posts: 22101
Location: Bongchester

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urgh, that fucking headstock. Those pickups. The square-ended fretboard that has just been glued on without being shaped to match the neck. Jesus, it's like a decent body with a load of shit slapped on it.
_________________


Brandon W wrote:
you elites.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickS
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 9454
Location: Nr. Basinggrad, UK

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3-ply pickguard? Surprised.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 62472
Location: Skrampa, FL

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a total convert to the hex bigass polepieces after using a DUNCAN PERFORMER DETONATOR. The neck is totally whack Ibanezesque trash, but the rest is probably salvageable.
_________________
gusman2x wrote:
wizard thickness

George wrote:
Yeah, thickness, nut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 62472
Location: Skrampa, FL

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND IS IT JUST ME OR DOES THE SHAPE OF THE BODY LOOK BETTER
_________________
gusman2x wrote:
wizard thickness

George wrote:
Yeah, thickness, nut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dots
BADmin


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 1013086
Location: on the move

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed on neck. it looks cheap as shit.
_________________
robroe wrote:
I'm fuckin old dudes

jcyphe wrote:
But the people need that wiggle stick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 62472
Location: Skrampa, FL

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And its has a push-pull coilsplit. That's pretty rad for a cheap guitar.
_________________
gusman2x wrote:
wizard thickness

George wrote:
Yeah, thickness, nut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas
.
.


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 3194
Location: Glasgow, UK

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The headstock looks PRS style only without the cut out at the top that makes it pointy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fakir Mustache
.
.


Joined: 25 Sep 2013
Posts: 3307

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theshadowofseattle wrote:
AND IS IT JUST ME OR DOES THE SHAPE OF THE BODY LOOK BETTER

I know that your avatar is not a badger, but it does remind me of the headstock pic. It is kind of a cool looking logo, but they don't seem make other models.
_________________
dezb1 wrote:
I only buy synths with mini keys as I like the shortscale synths.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jcyphe
.
.


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 16515

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like they started with a decent if not derivative idea and then made increasingly poor choices.
_________________
paul_ wrote:
When are homeland security gonna get on this "2-piece King Size Snickers" horseshit that showed up a couple years ago? I've started dropping one of them on the floor of my car every time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 62472
Location: Skrampa, FL

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fakir Mustache wrote:
theshadowofseattle wrote:
AND IS IT JUST ME OR DOES THE SHAPE OF THE BODY LOOK BETTER

I know that your avatar is not a badger, but it does remind me of the headstock pic. It is kind of a cool looking logo, but they don't seem make other models.


I can see it
_________________
gusman2x wrote:
wizard thickness

George wrote:
Yeah, thickness, nut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekwatts
A series of tubes


Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Posts: 22101
Location: Bongchester

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcyphe wrote:
It's like they started with a decent if not derivative idea and then made increasingly poor choices.


"Let's make a Supersonic, but shit."
_________________


Brandon W wrote:
you elites.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fakir Mustache
.
.


Joined: 25 Sep 2013
Posts: 3307

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I missed this because I thought they were only on Amazon, but they have a non-reverse model:


http://badgerguitarcompany.com/

The body looks shrunken in comparison to a Jaguar or Jagmaster.
_________________
dezb1 wrote:
I only buy synths with mini keys as I like the shortscale synths.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 4612
Location: London, UK

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah the grumpy badger! Love it. The guitars are shit though.


_________________

The Sailplanes - London band
Fredric Effects - pedals
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 621733 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!