ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Edit: Incoming Black Dot Royale
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Beau
.
.


Joined: 31 Dec 2013
Posts: 1920
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://reverb.com/item/210048-dearmond-by-guild-starfire-black-w-original-dearmond-case
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HNB
.
.


Joined: 15 Apr 2012
Posts: 4089
Location: Puyallup, WA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is pretty sexy there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rox
.
.


Joined: 13 Apr 2010
Posts: 1283

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is pretty nice. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Golden_Sonic
.
.


Joined: 28 Mar 2013
Posts: 242
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HNB wrote:
Is size the only difference between that and the Dot?

DON'T BUY AN ES-339 PRO! It's a fart! If you have to choose between that shit and a Dot, take the second one
_________________
-Guitar: Squier VM Mustang, Squier CV '50 Duo Sonic;
-Amplifier: Hughes&Kettner Blue Edition 60;
-FXs: Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95 Wah, Boss BD-2 Blues Drive, Proco RAT, Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo, EH Small Clone, MUZA FD900, Bespeco Volume pedal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sunshiner
.
.


Joined: 02 Nov 2012
Posts: 3778
Location: Around the corner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golden_Sonic wrote:
HNB wrote:
Is size the only difference between that and the Dot?

DON'T BUY AN ES-339 PRO! It's a fart! If you have to choose between that shit and a Dot, take the second one

Just for personal education, why it is a bad idea to buy es 339 pro?
_________________
matte30is wrote:
Someone man up and get a balloon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 62474
Location: Skrampa, FL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Royale epi's are dope. GOOD CALL
_________________
gusman2x wrote:
wizard thickness

George wrote:
Yeah, thickness, nut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nick
Y'SEE!?


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 8003
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunshiner wrote:
Golden_Sonic wrote:
HNB wrote:
Is size the only difference between that and the Dot?

DON'T BUY AN ES-339 PRO! It's a fart! If you have to choose between that shit and a Dot, take the second one

Just for personal education, why it is a bad idea to buy es 339 pro?


It's not a bad guitar, but it's kind of like those fender bullets that are like mini strats with full scale necks. Just feels like they took a good guitar and made it smaller (dumbed it down) for snobbish les paul players who want an es but are too scared of a full bodied guitar. I get that it's probably a lot more comfortablr to some, but to me they look and feel really weird.
_________________
https://hauntedcat.bandcamp.com/album/haunted-cat-3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
finboy
.
.


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 3505
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick wrote:
sunshiner wrote:
Golden_Sonic wrote:
HNB wrote:
Is size the only difference between that and the Dot?

DON'T BUY AN ES-339 PRO! It's a fart! If you have to choose between that shit and a Dot, take the second one

Just for personal education, why it is a bad idea to buy es 339 pro?


It's not a bad guitar, but it's kind of like those fender bullets that are like mini strats with full scale necks. Just feels like they took a good guitar and made it smaller (dumbed it down) for snobbish les paul players who want an es but are too scared of a full bodied guitar. I get that it's probably a lot more comfortablr to some, but to me they look and feel really weird.


So 335 = booty, 339 = pancake ass?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fakir Mustache
.
.


Joined: 25 Sep 2013
Posts: 3335

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to make a full scale Mustang and make the body huge.
_________________
dezb1 wrote:
I only buy synths with mini keys as I like the shortscale synths.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nick
Y'SEE!?


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 8003
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finboy wrote:
Nick wrote:
sunshiner wrote:
Golden_Sonic wrote:
HNB wrote:
Is size the only difference between that and the Dot?

DON'T BUY AN ES-339 PRO! It's a fart! If you have to choose between that shit and a Dot, take the second one

Just for personal education, why it is a bad idea to buy es 339 pro?


It's not a bad guitar, but it's kind of like those fender bullets that are like mini strats with full scale necks. Just feels like they took a good guitar and made it smaller (dumbed it down) for snobbish les paul players who want an es but are too scared of a full bodied guitar. I get that it's probably a lot more comfortablr to some, but to me they look and feel really weird.


So 335 = booty, 339 = pancake ass?


Basically


_________________
https://hauntedcat.bandcamp.com/album/haunted-cat-3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HNB
.
.


Joined: 15 Apr 2012
Posts: 4089
Location: Puyallup, WA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excited to see it and decide if I like the stock pickups. I hope I do because swapping them out is a pain in the ass with hollow guitars. Never done it honestly. I have watched videos but end up thinking "f*ck that man..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nick
Y'SEE!?


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 8003
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah bro it's easy, just cut the wire close to the pickup and splice the new pickup to the stock wires. Change your pickups each time you change strings if you'd like. Epi pickups are a dime a dozen, who cares if you ruin them by cutting too much lead off?
_________________
https://hauntedcat.bandcamp.com/album/haunted-cat-3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HNB
.
.


Joined: 15 Apr 2012
Posts: 4089
Location: Puyallup, WA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah good call there. Sounds easier than pulling out all the pots and stuff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 62474
Location: Skrampa, FL

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah dude. You could even throw in those Triple Shot switching pickup rings while you're at it.
_________________
gusman2x wrote:
wizard thickness

George wrote:
Yeah, thickness, nut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
George
.
.


Joined: 03 Jul 2009
Posts: 20327
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 339 owns stop hating whats with all the hating
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HNB
.
.


Joined: 15 Apr 2012
Posts: 4089
Location: Puyallup, WA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was inspired by Wes' guitar post. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HNB
.
.


Joined: 15 Apr 2012
Posts: 4089
Location: Puyallup, WA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It arrived today. Really psyched. The tuners work great. (Gotoh) The stock pickups are really not all that bad to my ears. I have other pickups all set to go in. Still not sure if I wanna go that route. The "E" sticker on the guard was coming off so I just took it off. Still looks awesome. The glitter binding is really nice. The glitter on the body is pretty subtle really. Maybe I need more sunlight to see it better. The rosewood looks good. I need to oil it when I change strings. I think the stock ones are likely 0.9's? I normally use 0.10's. They are ok, but a little thin. The bridge was almost setup spot on. I had to adjust two saddles and adjust the low E side height a little. Switch seems fine as well as pots. The nut for the jack seems solid. Looks good. I dig it. Sorry for the cell picks. Light right now is really bad.

20140903_190251 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

20140903_190308 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

20140903_190328 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

20140903_190410 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr

20140903_190529 by Hentai No Baka, on Flickr
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dezb1
The Oppressor


Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 7390
Location: glasgow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I also use 10s on my guitars, however my Epi Riviera likes 9s just sounds better and intonates better.
_________________
Extreme distortion used discreetly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 62474
Location: Skrampa, FL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dezb1 wrote:
Nice! I also use 10s on my guitars, however my Epi Riviera likes 9s just sounds better and intonates better.


ugh you guys quit trying to infringe on my swag

I'm the predominantly telecaster playing guy with a Riviera and who uses 10's on his guitars.
_________________
gusman2x wrote:
wizard thickness

George wrote:
Yeah, thickness, nut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dezb1
The Oppressor


Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 7390
Location: glasgow

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theshadowofseattle wrote:
dezb1 wrote:
Nice! I also use 10s on my guitars, however my Epi Riviera likes 9s just sounds better and intonates better.


ugh you guys quit trying to infringe on my swag

I'm the predominantly telecaster playing guy with a Riviera and who uses 10's on his guitars.


I think you'll find I'm the original (but not necessarily the best) by a few years...
_________________
Extreme distortion used discreetly...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 627374 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!