ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

i've got a telecaster
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
brainfur
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1874
Location: United States

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: i've got a telecaster Reply with quote

I've never owned a proper tele (just the squier tele custom with p-90s which was ok but I gave away because I hated how yellow it was)
I bought the cv thinline one that beau was selling and i'm excited about it because I've been jonzeing for a tele for like six months at least


Last edited by brainfur on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 62474
Location: Skrampa, FL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im buy it anyway
_________________
gusman2x wrote:
wizard thickness

George wrote:
Yeah, thickness, nut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brainfur
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1874
Location: United States

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theshadowofseattle wrote:
im buy it anyway

quoted 4 true
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JordanD
Osama


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 891
Location: Manchester, UK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also getting a telecaster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brainfur
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1874
Location: United States

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JordanD wrote:
I'm also getting a telecaster


Hell yes this is great news!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brainfur
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1874
Location: United States

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm still gonna make a differetn post for NGD when I get it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JordanD
Osama


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 891
Location: Manchester, UK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all have our faults
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brainfur
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1874
Location: United States

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JordanD wrote:
We all have our faults


what kinda of teleacster are you getting? regs? american spoecial?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JordanD
Osama


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 891
Location: Manchester, UK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting a Baja. I have wanted one for years since Mike got his and I played one. Stuart offered one up at a ridiculous deal and I just had to do it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brainfur
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1874
Location: United States

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh helll yeah i keep hearing that the baja is basically the best tele-sounding tele you must be fucking PUMPED about it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JordanD
Osama


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 891
Location: Manchester, UK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love your enthusiasm hahah. Yeah I'm pretty excited to be honest but I swap guitars around so often, I'm getting too used to not expecting to keep hold of instruments.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 4137
Location: Leeds

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a Baja Tele for a couple of years. Amazing guitar, the only reason I ended up selling it is because I like to play rough at gigs, and I didn't feel comfortable having a semi-expensive guitar onstage. I don't currently own any guitars worth more than 300.
_________________
BEIGE PALACE // PUDDIN' // THANK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brainfur
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1874
Location: United States

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddy V-C wrote:
I had a Baja Tele for a couple of years. Amazing guitar, the only reason I ended up selling it is because I like to play rough at gigs, and I didn't feel comfortable having a semi-expensive guitar onstage. I don't currently own any guitars worth more than 300.


yeah i'm all about cheap guitars but its nice to have studio guitars that dont get bashed around too!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JordanD
Osama


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 891
Location: Manchester, UK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah I try to play all of them live regardless of how rough I play, but I see your point. Fair play to ya!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 62474
Location: Skrampa, FL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a well known fact around here, but I've uh... got some telecasters.
_________________
gusman2x wrote:
wizard thickness

George wrote:
Yeah, thickness, nut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Progrockabuse
.
.


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 4643
Location: Derbyshire

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Baja is easily the best sounding/playing/stable etc guitar I've ever owned. Might have something to do with the mojo arrows of it being mikes and me having lusted after it from his demos and playing it at doogfest. As much as I love my strat, I play the tele 99% of the time.

I keep thinking of getting a 2nd as backup, but jaguar had been filling that spot recently.
_________________
Fingers or Pick?

A Fender into a cranked amp = life goals
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brainfur
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1874
Location: United States

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theshadowofseattle wrote:
It's not a well known fact around here, but I've uh... got some telecasters.


do you still get excited about them? or are some of them like, old hat now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BillClay
.
.


Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Posts: 1292

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bajas are the shit, teles are the shit.

I used to hate teles, but if you play guitar long enough, you'll eventually wind up with one. I think it's the natural order of things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 62474
Location: Skrampa, FL

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brainfur wrote:
theshadowofseattle wrote:
It's not a well known fact around here, but I've uh... got some telecasters.


do you still get excited about them? or are some of them like, old hat now


I'm excited about everything, pretty much. Like a dog or a really curious child. Everything is rad.

But yeah, teles get me stoked. I mean, I don't really care about sunburst standard Teles, but if I found one for a rad deal, I'd still probably dew it. I love the weird ones, like the Squier the JM neck pickup.
_________________
gusman2x wrote:
wizard thickness

George wrote:
Yeah, thickness, nut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
brainfur
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 1874
Location: United States

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theshadowofseattle wrote:
brainfur wrote:
theshadowofseattle wrote:
It's not a well known fact around here, but I've uh... got some telecasters.


do you still get excited about them? or are some of them like, old hat now


I'm excited about everything, pretty much. Like a dog or a really curious child. Everything is rad.

But yeah, teles get me stoked. I mean, I don't really care about sunburst standard Teles, but if I found one for a rad deal, I'd still probably dew it. I love the weird ones, like the Squier the JM neck pickup.


yeahhhh i played one of those last year in a guitar center but I couldnt handle the dumb yellow colour-- other than that it was sick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 627256 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!