ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Fender XII pickup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DGNR8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:32 am    Post subject: Fender XII pickup Reply with quote

I was going to send this to Toez, but thought more people might like to see. I took measurements of a three pole pickup to research for my Maverick project. Basically the bottom flatwork is 5/8 x 2 1/4 inches. The top is 5/16 x 1 5/8. The poles are spaced a half inch apart, with holes in between. Each pole appears to be standard, at 3/16 in diameter. At such close range, with my iPhone, the poles distort slightly, but I think you can see what is happening. I already have blue cloth wiring for them. They are really just typical singles split in half and spaced apart.

XII set
I DON"T KNOW WHAT THE BLACK SHIT IS

bluesngrunge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Fender XII pickup Reply with quote

I want a guitar finished the colour of the coil wire on those pickups

teabag!
Casual_Reader

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Fender XII pickup Reply with quote

good info and pics of the pups - thanks.

DGNR8 wrote:

I DON"T KNOW WHAT THE BLACK SHIT IS

not sure I see the "black shit" in the pics, but fender would dye wax black when potting pickups... on the tele, where the wire would otherwise be exposed, they'd wrap sting around the coil first to protect it from a wandering pick and then pot it.
NickS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Fender XII pickup Reply with quote

Casual_Reader wrote:
not sure I see the "black shit" in the pics, but fender would dye wax black when potting pickups... on the tele, where the wire would otherwise be exposed, they'd wrap sting around the coil first to protect it from a wandering pick and then pot it.
That's interesting, I wasn't aware of that.

Re. the black shit around the pickups, check >>this<< out.
Casual_Reader

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Fender XII pickup Reply with quote

[quote="NickS"]
Casual_Reader wrote:

Re. the black shit around the pickups, check >>this<< out.

heh - yeah, I'm fairly new here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: