ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Interview with Paul Reed Smith
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
TOTALLY MODD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Interview with Paul Reed Smith Reply with quote

Sure, I'm not keen on the looks, but I was thoroughly impressed by the man himself. Thinks like me (anally retentive) and what a nice dude too!

Link

iCEByTes wrote:
Blunt a joint , Take the Touch , Listen this.
George

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRS ARE SHIT COFFETABLES PLAYED BY BLUES LAWYERS YOUR SHIT YOUR GUITAR PLAYING IS SHIT THE WHOLE THING SHIT PLAY FENDERS THEY ACTUALLY HAVE STYLE IBANEZ BETTER PLAYER SO RIDICULOUS BETTER GUITARS FOR LESS MONEY OVERPRICED SHIT SHIT PRS ARE SHIT COFFETABLES PLAYED BY BLUES LAWYERS YOUR SHIT YOUR GUITAR PLAYING IS SHIT THE WHOLE THING SHIT PLAY FENDERS THEY ACTUALLY HAVE STYLE IBANEZ BETTER PLAYER SO RIDICULOUS BETTER GUITARS FOR LESS MONEY OVERPRICED SHIT SHIT
PRS ARE SHIT COFFETABLES PLAYED BY BLUES LAWYERS YOUR SHIT YOUR GUITAR PLAYING IS SHIT THE WHOLE THING SHIT PLAY FENDERS THEY ACTUALLY HAVE STYLE IBANEZ BETTER PLAYER SO RIDICULOUS BETTER GUITARS FOR LESS MONEY OVERPRICED SHIT SHIT
PRS ARE SHIT COFFETABLES PLAYED BY BLUES LAWYERS YOUR SHIT YOUR GUITAR PLAYING IS SHIT THE WHOLE THING SHIT PLAY FENDERS THEY ACTUALLY HAVE STYLE IBANEZ BETTER PLAYER SO RIDICULOUS BETTER GUITARS FOR LESS MONEY OVERPRICED SHIT SHIT
PRS ARE SHIT COFFETABLES PLAYED BY BLUES LAWYERS YOUR SHIT YOUR GUITAR PLAYING IS SHIT THE WHOLE THING SHIT PLAY FENDERS THEY ACTUALLY HAVE STYLE IBANEZ BETTER PLAYER SO RIDICULOUS BETTER GUITARS FOR LESS MONEY OVERPRICED SHIT SHIT PRS ARE SHIT COFFETABLES PLAYED BY BLUES LAWYERS YOUR SHIT YOUR GUITAR PLAYING IS SHIT THE WHOLE THING SHIT PLAY FENDERS THEY ACTUALLY HAVE STYLE IBANEZ BETTER PLAYER SO RIDICULOUS BETTER GUITARS FOR LESS MONEY OVERPRICED SHIT SHIT
PRS ARE SHIT COFFETABLES PLAYED BY BLUES LAWYERS YOUR SHIT YOUR GUITAR PLAYING IS SHIT THE WHOLE THING SHIT PLAY FENDERS THEY ACTUALLY HAVE STYLE IBANEZ BETTER PLAYER SO RIDICULOUS BETTER GUITARS FOR LESS MONEY OVERPRICED SHIT SHITPRS ARE SHIT COFFETABLES PLAYED BY BLUES LAWYERS YOUR SHIT YOUR GUITAR PLAYING IS SHIT THE WHOLE THING SHIT PLAY FENDERS THEY ACTUALLY HAVE STYLE IBANEZ BETTER PLAYER SO RIDICULOUS BETTER GUITARS FOR LESS MONEY OVERPRICED SHIT SHIT PRS ARE SHIT COFFETABLES PLAYED BY BLUES LAWYERS YOUR SHIT YOUR GUITAR PLAYING IS SHIT THE WHOLE THING SHIT PLAY FENDERS THEY ACTUALLY HAVE STYLE IBANEZ BETTER PLAYER SO RIDICULOUS BETTER GUITARS FOR LESS MONEY OVERPRICED SHIT SHIT

tl;dr - prs are shit coffetables played by blues lawyers your shit your guitar playing is shit the whole thing shit play fenders they actually have style ibanez better player so ridiculous better guitars for less money overpriced shit shit

Hidden: 
next poster is a dickface
George

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fyi (don't worry i'll take the hit on being a dickface) thanks for sharing, i'm definitely going to watch this video later tonight. PRS know their shit.
jcyphe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRS has made some very fine guitars.
Concretebadger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, thanks for sharing. The guy really does seem to know what he's talking about.

So...if you had to convince someone who had no opinion on PRS one way or the other, how would you justify the haet? I can kinda see why they're priced as they are now, but is the issue with them as simple as the issue of the RRPs?
stewart
Cunning Linguist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've seen this before, it's really interesting. i just can't get past the looks of most PRS guitars, just not my thing at all, which is a shame. a couple of their more recent ones have been less hideous.

Sloan
Sexy Predator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i lived in MD and people found out i played guitar, they would not stop bragging about PRS being nearby. fellow i played in a band with has one of their first 1000 or so guitars and he keeps it locked up in it's case.
lorez

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think like everyone else even though I don't like their looks they are fine guitars that play well and sound good. The work involved in them is impressive but if I had £2kplus to spend on a guitar I can think of a lot more I would sooner spend it on

dots wrote:
This forum's format is my vinyl.
Freddy V-C
NOD FLANGERS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My flatmate, Glen, plays some kind of single cutaway PRS thing that cost him £1600 (should have been £3000 but it was reduced because one of the tuning pegs is a slightly different colour to the other five, and there's a tiny chip on the back of the neck... go figure) and, although it plays nicely, the enourmous weight of the thing makes it no nicer than any of the other guitars in our flat, all of which cost under a grand. Even Glen is starting to prefer his Mexi Tele, although you have to get him drunk before he'll admit it.

I will watch the video though...
othomas2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good video... aside from Santana's money induced comments.

I really want a PRS... the very few I've played over the years have been the most responsive / easy playing guitars I've tried. Like he's saying, it's a tool for making music... not something that has to be laboured over.

It's the Ferrari of the guitar world.

Every few weeks or so I debate whether to sell all my gear and buy a Custom 24.
James
Nutmeg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never played a bad one, including the SE range. Though for some reason I don't find them at all exciting.
dub

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have idle fantasies of a custom 24 in a solid colour. Black or red maybe.
Hidden: 

or similar to this without all the corvette bollocks:
Hidden: 

I hate flame so much.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PROTIP:

You can buy an ugly overengineered American made electric guitar that is every bit as nice a player for under $600 all day long. PRS is basically the modern day equivalent to the Ovation electric guitarws of the 70s.
frettedlefty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting watch. Just never interested in acquiring one.
HNB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the look I like with a guitar, but he knows his stuff which is nice. I respect someone who puts time and thought in to what they do while keeping an open mind to try new things.
paul_

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first two PRSs

robertOG wrote:
fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
daftsupernova

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul_ wrote:
I like the first two PRSs

Hidden: 

theshadowofseattle wrote:
That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
paul_

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOLZ

Except the paintjobs/lackthereof, naturally.

robertOG wrote:
fran & paul are some of the original gangstas of the JS days when you'd have to say "phuck"
taylornutt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first electric was a PRS McCarty Standard. It was a piece of art and great sounding instrument. I am just a Fender guy, so I sold it and bought my AVRI Jaguar.

I don't regret selling it, but PRS guitars are fantastic and the quality is first rate.

Thom
lamp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting watch. Nice guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: