ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Halp - New Tubes, or...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dogma Hollow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Halp - New Tubes, or... Reply with quote

Got this little problem with my HR DeVille that I hope is just a bad tube somewhere.

Switching from my drive channel to my clean channel. The clean channel volume blasts well above where I have it set for a period of time, then drops to the level I have it set. Adjusting the volume, either up or down, during the "loud" period does nothing. The volume stays at the "loud" level until it drops into "quiet" level on its own, when the volume control works again.

And the problem is intermittent. Sometimes it switches correctly, sometimes it just has a quick volume pop, sometimes it stays in "loud" mode for long enough for me to walk over to my amp, fuck with the volume a few times, scratch my head, try it again, then it goes to "quiet" mode.

Mind you, this is during band practice, so it's not like I'm trying to make a 60-watt tube amp behave itself at low volume. I'm pretty well blasting away.

I am sure the issue is NOT related to any of my pedals.

Never had this problem with any other amps I've owned, so I'm not sure WTF is going on. Any help (besides the Fender amp hatorz telling me to burn it! LOL) would be appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: