ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Ampeg SVT70T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DamienC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Ampeg SVT70T Reply with quote

I completely forgot I have this big old Ampeg SVT70T amp at my folks' house. A friend of mine let me borrow it years ago then forgot about it, then when I talked to him again he said I could have it. Too bad it wasn't a Twin or something. Anyway I don't have a pic of mine but it looks just like this one:

It's got a bunch of problems. Only one of the inputs works, and that one doesn't work half the time. You have to jiggle the cable to make it work. I suppose the jacks are bad, but I don't know shit about fixing amps. Also, when you do get the thing working properly and play it for any more than 15 minutes, the sound will abruptly cut off and the amp just stops working. The light will be on, but nothing happens. It's also missing a few knobs.

Can't find much information about these things on Google, besides that they were made in the late 70s/early 80s and are pretty loud. Anyone think this thing is worth repairing? It did sound pretty good when it was working, but if it's too much to fix I might just dump it on Craigslist for fifty bucks or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: