ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiWiki   ShortScale RadioRadio  ShortScale WikiBuilder

Homemade Pedaltrain Mini

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
othomas2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Homemade Pedaltrain Mini Reply with quote

I'd been looking into purchasing the pedaltrain mini but it was too short for my requirements, due to the amount of pedals I had. At the same time I wanted something that was as compact as possible and one tiered. Id actually seen a couple of people using Ikea Shelves as a board but 2 visits I couldn't see anything that appropriate or of decent enough quality.

So today in between DIY jobs, I decided to make a bespoke pedalboard from the offcuts of wood that were lying around.

Having it made out of wood it meant I could use the chain link tabs to secure it to the board. A mod that I really like, to help keep things secure & solid

I used 5 lengths of wood. 2 small blocks (to angle it and to allow space for the diago), and some nails and pva....oh and paint.

I will be getting some U nails to secure the cabling underneath when I get a chance.

Last edited by othomas2 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
hotrodperlmutter
crescent fresh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that looks great.
Doog
Felted gremlin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the placement of the Powerstation- very discreet, as Dan Agosto would say.
ultratwin
The 25.5" subversion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work!

I love how you've got them anchored in with so much less clutter than any of my boards.
Simon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!! Homemade pedal boards are the way forward!! Nice work...It's really neat and tidy too!

I built this a while back and have never once thought that I should spend silly money on a pedal train.

I also like having the Diago mounted under the board, there's a space that's been cut out for the power lead to connect up to it and then I added a little latch for when I'm not using it - I decided with mine to put a base on it though, this way I have all the cables and leads hidden within the board...
timhulio
Redheaded Stepchild

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Homemade Pedaltrain Mini Reply with quote

othomas2 wrote:

Look at that Wolf Puppet go!

This board looks really well made, great stuff. I recently switched to that same power supply, but got mine from Johnny Shreddedfingers.

The Sailplanes - London band
Fredric Effects - pedals
Gabriel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great, very tidy and I love where you put the power supply very smart.
NickS

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!
I got given a pedalboard for my birthday about 6 weeks ago and still haven't worked out what to put where. It's a bit big, tbh, and Velcro covered so you've got the whole do-you-don't-you-mess-up-the-pedal-with-the-stick-on bit.
Yous is really neat, and the bike-chain fishplates look pretty solid. Where do you get them?
Viljami

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the self made pedalboard club! I made mine last winter. Too bad I can't take pics -->busted camera. Anyway it's big. black and ugly.
othomas2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickS wrote:
Very nice!
I got given a pedalboard for my birthday about 6 weeks ago and still haven't worked out what to put where. It's a bit big, tbh, and Velcro covered so you've got the whole do-you-don't-you-mess-up-the-pedal-with-the-stick-on bit.
Yous is really neat, and the bike-chain fishplates look pretty solid. Where do you get them?

I actually removed them from a spare chain I had using a chain splitter... I used to restore old school BMX's you see...

But you can buy them, see here:
http://www.johnnyshredfreak.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7

Thanks for the compliments guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: