ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

NAD - Traynor Studio Mate YGM-4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkt3000

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: NAD - Traynor Studio Mate YGM-4 Reply with quote

Since we pretty much finished with our hurricane prep earlier today, and I knew of a few gas stations with plenty of fuel, I decided to go around for a drive. My searches on Craigslist told me that used guitar gear in Orlando is usually more varied, higher quality, and cheaper than in Miami.

I decided to hit up a few pawn shops and a used instrument store. I saw a few unfinished MJT partscasters hanging up at the pawn shops (finally got a splinter from a guitar neck), and a Gibson LP Studio I deduced to be a replica... but otherwise, just a ton of crap gear.

Then I arrived at Blackbird Vintage Music, who is specialized in vintage & used gear. They were already boarding up for the storm when I walked in, and most of the gear was put away. However there had a few amps still out. There was a Vox VT Combo, a SEEEEEXY (and way out of budget) 1970s Marshall Bluesbreaker, and this: a 1970s Traynor Studio Mate YGM-4.

They had this amp listed on craigslist and GBase, and I was curious about it since before I entered. Well... after a quick test, the grin on my face was huge, and I bought it.

25 watts through 4x8" speakers. My research says that it's basically a Deluxe Reverb circuit with EL84 tubes. Tonally, it's right between Vox and Marshall, so it's a happy place for me. And it is loud as shit! Definitely loving it.

And now, pics:

sunshiner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sick. Do an demo
benecol
Best Poster 2010

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goodness, but I want one of those - nice score.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: