ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

MUZA M-Ambient FD-900? Anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golden_Sonic

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 10:47 am    Post subject: MUZA M-Ambient FD-900? Anyone? Reply with quote

It's long time that I don't write on this forum but I always received good advice.
I'm interested in this Reverb/Delay pedal, the concept is similar to the Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master but with tons of delay and reverb types and 4 preset. The problem is that there is no official review on the net and the comments on this pedal are in contrast: cheap and NOISY (don't know if they confuse it with the previous version FD-90 which was actually noisy) or affordable and QUIET.
I have a Nux Time Core, another made-in-china pedal with some minor problems but good after all so if the FD-900 has the same quality then I could be really intentioned of buying it.
Has anyone tried this pedal? Would/would not recommend it? Thank you in advance for you reply. Here's a youtube video:

Link

NickS

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reverb pedal thread immediately below your reverb pedal thread.
http://www.shortscale.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63141

Nick wrote:
For nontraditional reverb sounds I like my Muza M-Ambient FD-900...has delay before reverb, like 9 types of each, as well as a memory mode with 4 presets. I paid about $70usd which I think puts it in your price range more/less

NickS wrote:
Had a quick look, hard to find. One US company is offering them.
Nick
Y'SEE!?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love mine actually, and feel it does the work of several reverbs and delays running at once. Does cool 8 bit pitch effects when you adjust the time settings of a delay trail on the fly.

I haven't noticed it being noisy, but then again I haven't exactly added this to my full board yet, mainly because it's too ambient/droney/wet for the kind of music I often play. But if I was playing shoegaze/experimental/drone I could probably get away with just this and maybe a fuzz.or OD pedal.

Two complaints.....
First is the stereo capabilities. My DL4 can run two in, one out, however the inputs in this aren't isolated and you can hear some bleed in the stereo out mix. Also IIRC the 2nd channel is only engaged when a stereo setting is selected. This probably isn't a problem depending on your application. ..for a mono guitar signal chain this would be a moot point.

The second is just how small the controls are and how many of them..another reason I haven't tried it on a live board, it's a lot to remember.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Effects, Amps & Gear, Pedal Building All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: