ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

JM Project and a fat neck recommendation for your projects

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject: JM Project and a fat neck recommendation for your projects Reply with quote

I had a lovely vintage 63 JM body and a vintage trem (NickD) that I wanted to build a project around. I had a Squier VM JM neck on this for a few weeks while sourcing a new one for this. As some of you may remember I recommended a Glasgow eBay seller as a great source for pick guards etc. Well he's started doing necks too. It was well cheap so I thought I'd give it a go. I decided to go for the large headstock dots and binding option.

The seller described the neck as quite fat and it is chunky tho just about right as it's well shaped. The frets etc were all great, neck was straight and well finished. Supplied with only the tuner holes drilled. It is in fact very similar to the VMJM neck. Truss hole at the headstock so it's not a neck for purists.

I'd seen these Chinese etc imports but I had never had the chance to see one before buying and this was a no brainer.

HERE IS A LINK TO THE EBAY SELLER I buy all my guards etc from him and have never had any issues with fit or quality. I think most of his stuff is free shipping too. He also does a black Strat neck for anyone looking to do an 80s metal strat Laughing

This was it with the VM neck:

And this is the new one, the headstock looks weird, this is due to the angle of the pic:

vojtasTS29

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is beautiful.
NickD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool That looks great.
Thomas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys. It's a great player.
vojtasTS29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also love dots+binding Smile That makes it stand out a lot i think, along with the 70's style coloring(natural body+black pg)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Guitar Projects and Tech/Set-up All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: