ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

Finished my Duosonic humbucker build
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ekalks
.
.


Joined: 08 Nov 2013
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I lowered the action now to 2/64th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 62474
Location: Skrampa, FL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekalks wrote:
Thanks. I lowered the action now to 2/64th.


If you were one of my physics students, you'd have just failed your assignment.

1. Reduce that fraction. 1/32nd
2. Fractions are for fourth graders. Solve for 0.03.
3. You didn't write your units.
4. If you meant inches, convert to cm for 0.08 cm.
_________________
gusman2x wrote:
wizard thickness

George wrote:
Yeah, thickness, nut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 62474
Location: Skrampa, FL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUT YOUR DUO SONIC IS ON POINT THO
_________________
gusman2x wrote:
wizard thickness

George wrote:
Yeah, thickness, nut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekalks
.
.


Joined: 08 Nov 2013
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You apparently knew what I was talking about. The nomenclature /64th is used as reference and a common measurement while performing fretwork to analyze string action. Obviously you can reduce the fraction to it's lowest common denominator. Now ask yourself this question and think about it before answering. Why would anyone use /64 instead of /32? If you were one of my students in any of my college engineering classes I would have scolded you for interrupting my class with such nonsense. BTW I can also be facetious. Thanks for the on point remark though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
daftsupernova
.
.


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 2485
Location: bottom of in a hell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TEACHER FIGHT
_________________
Doog wrote:
Tone is stored in the balls

theshadowofseattle wrote:
That's why there's two: one for pee, one for tone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekalks
.
.


Joined: 08 Nov 2013
Posts: 15

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theshadowofseattle
THE TAMPA BAY HERO


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 62474
Location: Skrampa, FL

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekalks wrote:
You apparently knew what I was talking about. The nomenclature /64th is used as reference and a common measurement while performing fretwork to analyze string action. Obviously you can reduce the fraction to it's lowest common denominator. Now ask yourself this question and think about it before answering. Why would anyone use /64 instead of /32? If you were one of my students in any of my college engineering classes I would have scolded you for interrupting my class with such nonsense. BTW I can also be facetious. Thanks for the on point remark though.




This one's alright, guys.
_________________
gusman2x wrote:
wizard thickness

George wrote:
Yeah, thickness, nut
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> Short Scales All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

Anti Bot Question MOD - phpBB MOD against Spam Bots
Blocked registrations / posts: 627409 / 0

Guitars at Musician's Friend

Help support this site by clicking the above link!