ShortScale Forum Index www.shortscale.org
Head 'n Neck Above

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
UploaderUploader   ShortScale WikiBuilder

NGD: Jazzmaster

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robert(original)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: NGD: Jazzmaster Reply with quote

i got a shee of straight black and a gfs bridge pup.
the all black look wasn't my first choice, generally im not a fan of all black, but its not bad, i need to age the pup cover or get a cream colored one, and i really want to add a rythm section at one point just for looks if anything, its already routed out. i used a jap jazzy guard template, it fit for the most part, some of the screw holes didn't line up, but, like i said, it fit, for the most part. i have a template for the blacktop guard, but for some reason i didn't follow that and just put a jazzy pup in the back, im stupid like that.
anywho, first impressions of the bridge pup from gfs(the overwound one) its good, not as good as a few of the other pups they make, but its decent.
anywho.
PICS!

so here in the rundown on what i have down to it since i got it from jim. i routed out the bridge area for a jazzy pup, routed out the rythm section. sanded off the retarded as stock decal, and put a proper one on, and then tinted and cleared it in nitro. the toggle switch is from a 70s epiphone, and the knobs are from my peavey musician amp.
the guard is from gfs as well, all straight black. strung up with 11-52 earnie balls(the shop didn't have blue steels, my preferred string.)
anywho, im happy with it so far, but i stil want to do more, basically im just trying to make it into a real jazzy minus the fretboard radius and the fret size.
HNB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sexy! Nice work.
speedfish

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

"I'm like the monkey screwing the skunk. I haven't had enough, but I've about had all that I can stand!"
GHOSTLYxSTRAT

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks cool!!! imo I think it would look even better with a 3 ply black pickguard with the rhythm circuit with white pickup covers,knobs etc.... but hey thats just me and it still looks great as it is. Razz
Concretebadger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sexy as hell. I took out the rhythm circuit from mine when I replaced the pickups, but I'm still not sure whether I can be bothered to reinstall it. That feature isn't quite as useless as people seem to think, but it's not something you'd necessarily use. If you have a particularly bright/trebly amp, I'd say go for it and fit the rollers and slider. Still, it looks sleek and clean without them.
Joey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks cool as hell, it def deserves that flame strap
lorez

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. As I was looking at the pics the thing that stuck out to as really interesting were the knobs and I was thinking where the hell did he get those & bam you drop the peavey amp bomb.

dots wrote:
This forum's format is my vinyl.
robert(original)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the color isn't really right in the pics. i know its just a black guitar, but the neck pup is cream and the bridge is super stupid white, i let it soak in coffee for all of about 6 mins before i was impatient and wanted to get it put together. but anywho. if your not using your rhythm section i would take it off your hands. i actually want to wire it up like a les paul and the switch itself would just be a kill switch, nothing fancy. i just really need the "look" to be there to feel happy with the guitar. it functions just fine and everything, but i have never had a proper jazzy so i sorta want this one to be a proper jazzy. tho i may get there and just decide that its not "me" and sell it, im bad about doing shit like that.
Joey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

les paul wiring all the way
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShortScale Forum Index -> All Other Guitars All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: